Wednesday, January 25, 2017

OOOOOPS !


While editing my last post I was all thumbs and Deleted it !

I was adding additional research on Stamped Pennies.

Like this one ---




I got a number of comments and was SWAMPED with requests.

After all if you can do this --


How can it be illegal to stamp one ?


But I have to be careful  don't want to get Uncle Sam on my Back.

I had a friend send me this link --


They openly sell Stamped Pennies like these

 --Personalized 1 Year Anniversary Key Chain/ Hand Stamped Penny/ 2016 Couple Gift/ Wedding /1 Year Anniversary/ Gift for Her Gift For Him   Personalized Penny Keychain, Couples Keychain, Lucky Penny, Anniversary Gift, Husband Wife Key Chain, Boyfriend Girlfriend Gift, Customized

Hand stamped 2016 lucky penny charm  with small shamrock stamp Penny for Your Shoe - Wedding Penny - Personalized Penny Charm



I did contact an attorney for advice.

So for now I'm on hold !

  We all know anything Confederate,

 is subject to a different set of rules !



D.T.

UPDATE --


Specifically, Section 331 of Title 18 of the United States code provides criminal penalties for anyone who “fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the Mints of the United States.”
This statute means that one may be violating the law if the appearance of the coin is changed and represented to be other than the altered coin that it is with the intent of fraud.
 As a matter of policy, the U.S. Mint does not promote coloring, plating or altering U.S. coinage, however, there are no sanctions against such activity unless the intent is to be fraudulent.

Hmmmmmm ?

UPDATE II

Found on E-Bay
click HERE








2 comments:

  1. Just because someone jumps off a tall building do you do the same? Man

    ReplyDelete