Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Cedar Hill 12 /16 / 2015

I had a few minutes today so I went by Cedar Hill in Suffolk VA, to thank a few more Confederate Soldiers --

I always stop by the Tom Smith Monument

I was happy to see the Flag and Coin my grandson placed were still in place.
I then set out to REMEMBER a few Veterans --

_____________________________________________________

If you are new to knowing me, I make "Remember Coins"
And leave them at the resting places of Confederate Soldiers.

______________________________________________________



                             William P. Moore                             
24th Virginia Cavalry, Company K, Private
Moore was born September 23, 1812. He died October 7, 1879 
________________________________________________________

                 Jesse Parker                               
13th Virginia Cavalry, Company C, Private

__________________________________________________



              James M. Bailey                              
16th Virginia Infantry, Company B, 4th Cpl. later 2nd Lieutenant.
Bailey was born in 1839, the son of James and Ann Bailey, He was
wounded at the Crater on July 30 and died of his wounds August 8,
1864.
_____________________________________________________________



______________________________________________________________________



                    Robert Henry Riddick                           
13th Virginia Cavalry, Company K, Private
Riddick was born ca. 1839.
__________________________________________________________________



James E. Jenkins             
24th Virginia Cavalry, Secretary to General Dearing
Jenkins was born in 1824. He attended William and Mary College
and became a lawyer. Jenkins died September 15, 1868 and was
given a Masonic funeral at the Methodist Church in Suffolk.
_______________________________________________________________

And I placed a few coins at the UDC's Monuments--






I consider it time well spent.

And I shall continue to visit and say thank you, to the Men who put it all on the line .








No comments:

Post a Comment