Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Voices of the Civil War --



In 2011 my local paper "The Virginian Pilot"
Did a 6 part series entitled
"VOICES OF THE CIVIL WAR"

I was interviewed and had a thing or two in the paper --

This was from week 4 --

No automatic alt text available.

After the series they came out with a book -
I finally bought a copy !


It was pretty fair and presented both sided of the war.

A segment on Black Union soldiers.

Also a segment on Yankee atrocities ( top left )


One part dealt with questionable Yankee activities.

But guess who had the last word ?

ME !

On the last page was my interview --


Not 100% accurate ( the reporter misquoted me on the rock throwing event.)

I don't recall the First Co Richmond Howitzers being at Second Manassas.

You can see the Howitzers history HERE !

But the rest of the segment was point on !

" Slavery was the sin of a nation. To lay it on the doorstep of the South is convenient, 
but it's not the whole truth."

I'm going to leave it ( the book ) to my Grandchildren. 

DT.










No comments:

Post a Comment