Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Two More !

Even with the help of friends, I'll never thank them all.
Donald Caul placed this coin !
Image may contain: grass, plant, outdoor and nature



But today I thanked two more.
Image may contain: plant, tree, grass and outdoor
               James Goodman Pruden                           
6th Virginia Infantry, Company E (2nd), Private
Pruden was born in 1841 and was a farmer in Nansemond County. He
had brown hair, grey eyes, a fair complexion and was 5'7" tall.
His wife was Mourning A. Pruden. He died February 10, 1923.
He is buried at Bethlehem Christian Church Cemetery.



Image may contain: grass and outdoor
                  Josiah Joyner                               
6th Virginia Infantry, 2nd Company E, Private
Joyner was born January 1, 1839. After the war, he was a farmer
in Nansemond County. He was married on February 15, 1866 to Nancy
Monroe Pruden (b.6-11-1843 d.7-9-1945). He died January 26, 1923
and is buried at Bethlehem Christian Church Cemetery. His wife
received a pension for his war services.

While I was walking around the Pastor of the Church came out and spoke with me.
I explained what I was doing, and offered to remove the coins if he had a problem with them.
I gave him two coins, and he had no problem with what I was doing.

D.T.



No comments:

Post a Comment