Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Another Rebel in the Family !

*William and *John Tatum were not the only Rebels in my family ---
(*Members of First Company Richmond Howitzers 1861 / 1865 )


No automatic alt text available.

 " The State of Virginia never hesitated to recognize me as a Lieutenant in the Continental line for the war, nor did anyone who ever knew of my services and all."
Henry Tatum.

Henry Tatum was also, he was my G G G G Grand Father !

No automatic alt text available.

Major Henry Tatum's Declaration

For the purpose of obtaining the benefits of an act entitled "An act for the relief of certain Surviving Officers and Soldiers of the Army of the revolution," approved on the 15th of May
1828, I Henry Tatum lately of Chesterfield County, now of Richmond City and County of Henrico in the State of Virginia, do hereby declare that I was a Lieutenant in the Continental line
of the Army of the Revolution, and served as such during the War. I further declare that in the year 1776 I marched under Captain Ralph Faulkner as a Cadet, and in the latter part of that year I
received an Ensign's Commission, was attached to the 5th Virginia Regiment Charles Scott commander, which was reduced and I then was attached to the 3rd Regiment and became a
supernumerary by lot. 
Given under my hand this 22nd day of July 1828
S/ Henry Tatum

I guess when it comes to casting off a Tyrannical Government

The apples didn't fall far from the tree.
No automatic alt text available.

It seems Henry was having a problem getting his pension --
you can see the correspondence HERE !
Image may contain: stripes

No comments:

Post a Comment