Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Polished Gold !



A few weeks ago my cousin Mary sent me a book owned by J C Tatum,
My Great Grandfather, who was a member of the Richmond Howitzers.

No photo description available. Image may contain: indoor

The book was published in 1891 and given the owner, it's age and missing it's spine
 I was happy to have it.

I looked on E-Bay and found several comparable books, I was shocked by the price.

One is Here / another is Here

I decided to have a hard cover put on mine, I did a google search for local bookbinders and found this one - Long's Roullet .

I Sent an E-Mail with the above pictures and asked for a price.

Within a day I got a reply and was told $45 for a hard cover.

I sent the book with appropriate insurance.

I got my book back in a week or so and I'm happy with the results -

Image may contain: phone, text that says 'Richmond Howitzers' Image may contain: text that says 'Richmond Howitzers'


When I got the book I considered it to be Gold, seeing as how it was owned by my Great Grandfather who was a member of the Richmond Howitzers.

Now having a hard cover added it's polished Gold.

D.T.




No comments:

Post a Comment